Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft is asking me to "verify it's you" on my browser, but every time I try to, it comes up with this error message. I have my password, number and email so I'm not sure what the issue is. Please help. Thank you.
Error Something went wrong. [7q6ca]
Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Correlation Id: [Moderator note: PII removed]
Timestamp: [Moderator note: PII removed]
Message: An unexpected error occurred.
Tag: 7q6ca Code: 2147483661
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
The 7q6ca / 2147483661 error is a generic Microsoft authentication error and has been reported with both browser and Microsoft app sign-ins.
Since you're being asked to verify your identity, I'd first try an InPrivate/Incognito window and sign in again. If it still fails, clear the Microsoft sign-in cookies/cache and temporarily disable any VPN, proxy, or browser extensions that could interfere with the verification page.
Also make sure Windows Date & time is set to automatic and synced.
If it works from another browser or device, that would point more toward a local browser/session issue rather than your password, phone number, or email being incorrect.
I understand how confusing this is, Lela.
Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide private, identifiable information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide such details the next time you post to protect personal data.
Unfortunately, [7q6ca] hasn't been documented by Microsoft as an official issue code, so I cannot say for sure what's happening. There have been similar reports with the same sign-in scenarios though, and here are some suggestions from other users:
If the same error still occurs on your account after all the checks above, I recommend contacting Microsoft Support directly so they can check why the issue still applies to your account or device:
Note: The support contact team only works at certain times, so if the last window shows that it's unavailable, try opening it again the next day. If you prefer phone support, you can leave a phone number. This way, they can call you and help you.
I hope the issue would be resolved soon.