The drag drop of anything (email > folder in outlook), attachement) in outlook 365 web froze my page everytime

Medical Education (COMTL) 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T15:33:25.67+00:00

The drag drop of anything (email > folder in outlook), attachement) in outlook 365 web froze my page everytime.

I have to right clic to move email to a folder or download an attachement before attaching it to another email otherwise the page froze and I have to refresh it each time.

Thanks!

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Arnold Sitseri 1 Reputation point
    2026-09-28T17:33:11.93+00:00

    I had this issue just now. But it was for Outlook (new). I found the answer was to delete the Outlook (new) webview cache. Navigate to

    C:\Users[Your username here]\Local\Microsoft\Olk\

    Then delete the EBWebview folder.

    This won't log you out or anything, it's just the cache. New Outlook is just a website. So I'm going to guess that if you clear your browser cache/history in whatever browser you're using, it might also fix it for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Hendrix 1,750 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-21T16:05:19.6766667+00:00

    Hi,

    For the best possible assistance, can you share more details about your situation? I appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

    • Which browser and version are you using?
    • Does it also happen in another browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome?
    • Is this affecting only your account, or other users as well?
    • Does it happen with all emails and attachments, including small files?

    As an initial test, please open Outlook in an InPrivate/Incognito window. If drag-and-drop works there, clear the browser cache and cookies for Outlook, then temporarily disable browser extensions, especially ad blockers or security extensions.

    I want to ensure I have clear information to provide appropriate guidance. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again in the comments of this post. I'm happy to assist you further.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. AI answer

    2026-09-21T15:33:40.17+00:00

    For Outlook on the web, use the non-drag methods as the immediate workaround:

    1. To move an email, select the message, then use Move on the ribbon, or right-click the message and select Move or Copy to folder.
    2. If the destination folder is not shown, select Move to a different folder and choose it from the full folder list.
    3. To move multiple messages, select them first, then use the same Move action.

    For attaching an email to another email in new Outlook, drag and drop is supported there by dragging the message into the message being composed until Drop messages here appears.

    If the issue is specifically that drag-and-drop freezes the page in Outlook on the web, a documented workaround for move failures is to keep using Outlook on the web move commands instead of drag-and-drop. If the mailbox is hosted with a third party using IMAP or POP3, use that provider’s webmail to move items.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.