Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I regularly check my download speeds and the download speed app tends to show a fast service, but apps and web pages struggle to download at more than 10mb/s even when the speed app indicates a download speed of +200mb/s. I have cleared the cache, reset network settings performed a soft reset changed dns I also contacted Google who indicated not a problem from them and samsung to. I have found that these slow speeds are associated with email accounts.
any input welcome.
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
First of all, I want to clarify two different units here.
MBps and Mbps, or MB/s and Mb/s. These are completely different, and the upper and lower cases matter.
See better explanation here: https://broadbandnow.com/guides/mbps-vs-mbps
Speed-test apps normally report Mbps, while download screens often report MB/s.
200 Mbps is about 25 MB/s maximum
10 MB/s is about 80 Mbps
So, when you run your speed test and when you check the actual download speed, what are the exact unit used for each? Make sure you are comparing apple to apple.
============
In addition, even if they are different, it is completely normal. Speed tests also use nearby, optimized servers. Websites and apps may download from slower or more distant servers, so they will not always match the speed-test result.
===========
Note: The link shared is non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.