PhoneLink pops up repeatedly on my PC screen and fills the screen. Cannot access other programs on my computer!

Deborah Chapman 0 Reputation points
2026-02-10T03:45:58.61+00:00

We updated our PC - it's automatic. Now my screen is filled with the PhoneLink popup and I cannot minimize it. Occasionally I can minimize it briefly but it comes right back. I can't access anything else on my computer unless I close it and start in safe mode. We have followed all the instructions online to no avail. It seems to think we have not completed the link with our iPhone. I don't think this new feature is meant to connect with iPhone but we cannot make it go away and it has hijacked our computer.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Brian Herskowitz 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T23:29:40.3966667+00:00

    I have tried uninstalling the app. I have tried stopping it in task manager. It will not stop. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-02-10T04:25:48.3533333+00:00

    Hi Deborah,

    Please see if uninstalling PhoneLink helps.

    Open the Start menu, type "PowerShell", right-click on the result, and select "Run as administrator". Confirm in the User Account Control (UAC) dialog if it appears.

    In the PowerShell admin window, run this command:

    get-appxpackage -allusers Microsoft.YourPhone | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    

    This uninstalls Phone Link.

    Note:

    If you can't carry out the above steps in normal mode, try from Safe mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.