How do I delete family members if I don't have access to the organizer account?

Katelynn Bowman 0 Reputation points
2026-01-03T16:51:40.94+00:00

My microsoft account is listed as a family member with only administrator access and it's not allowing me to change safety settings on my computer and restricting content. The organizer account is an old email that I no longer have access to, so I have no way of logging in to change these settings. I'm not sure how to proceed if the organizer account is unavailable.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,445 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-01-03T17:34:43.0166667+00:00

    Hi, I'm John! I will help you with this.

    Microsoft Q&A is public, and we can only provide information. It is beyond our capability to assist directly with the account.


    For security and privacy reasons, only the original family organizer account can manage or remove members from a Microsoft Family group, even if that organizer email is old or no longer actively used.

    At this point, the only path forward is to try to regain access to the original organizer account:

    If you’re able to recover the organizer account, you can then remove your account from the old family group (or change the settings) and add it to a new family if needed.


    Please know that this is a public forum, and I can only provide information.

    Click "Add comment" if you have any further questions or concerns.

    Regards,

    John J.D.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.