Not able to acquire an Entra ID P2 license

apl services 0 Reputation points
2025-12-30T10:47:19.77+00:00

I'm aiming to purchase a P2 license, in order to do that I have create a custom domain and I had registered on Entra ID this custom domain with a new custom user so that I can sign in to "https://portal.microsoft.com" and from there perform the purchase,
But even after following all those steps, when I had sign in into the "https://portal.microsoft.com" I can't list any license.

Azure | Azure Training
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2025-12-30T10:47:29.2833333+00:00

    It seems you are having trouble acquiring a Microsoft Entra ID P2 license after setting up a custom domain and user. Here are a few steps you can consider to troubleshoot the issue:

    1. Verify Domain Registration: Ensure that your custom domain is properly registered and verified in the Microsoft Entra ID. Sometimes, it may take some time for the domain to be fully active.
    2. Check User Permissions: Make sure that the user account you are using to sign in to the portal has the necessary permissions to purchase licenses. You may need to be a global administrator or have specific permissions assigned.
    3. Use the Correct Portal: Ensure that you are accessing the correct portal for license management. You should be using the Microsoft 365 admin center or Azure portal, depending on your subscription.
    4. Review Licensing Options: If you have an existing Azure or Microsoft 365 subscription, you can purchase the Entra ID P2 license through that subscription. Check if you need to activate your licensing plan first.
    5. Contact Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Microsoft support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your account and setup.

    Following these steps should help you resolve the issue with acquiring the Entra ID P2 license.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.