Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So, in the past month's I have been seeing the red underlined words in my Google Chrome browser. Even tho they are spelled correctly. Is there an extension or a setting in Windows 10 to remove this? It's really frustrating and annoying.
(Also I put the Microsoft Edge tag because there was no Google Chrome tag).
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Hi ,
I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.
Besides the Q&A Assist provided answer, open Googel Chrome > go to: chrome://extensions >
Disable extensions as Grammarly, LanguageTool, etc temporarily > Reload the page and test to see if the issue is fixed.
AI answer
To remove the red underlined words in Google Chrome, which indicate spelling errors, you can adjust the settings for spell checking. Here’s how to do it:
If you want to disable spell checking entirely, simply turn off the spell check option. Alternatively, if you want to keep it but avoid false positives, ensure that the correct language is selected and that the words you use are added to the dictionary.
If you are using Microsoft Edge, similar steps can be followed in Edge settings under Languages.
References: