Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I was having trouble with an extension so I went into my exension list to see if it had an update or something. One of my other extensions called "Save Image As Type" which I used to turn .jfif images into .jpg said it "contains malware" I deleted the extension and went to file a report only to get a blank page saying the item had been deleted or removed.
Am I at risk? What can I do to make sure my PC isn't compromised??
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
In most cases, as long as you remove the extension promptly and do not install any potentially suspicious installation packages generated by the extension, your system is safe. Microsoft Edge extensions are designed to run in an isolated environment, making it generally difficult for them to harm your computer.