How to fix computer crashing and restarting when a black screen of death shows

Jasper Kamran 40 Reputation points
2025-09-16T14:43:53.3733333+00:00

Alright so whenever I am playing games and like 10+ minutes later, it just suddenly makes my screen freeze and I can't do anything as it ends up crashing, so I press and hold the power button to shut down, then I boot it up again after it loads, I proceed to fix it by scanning any malware or trojan on my anti-virus through my computer, and I also clear my temp files and update my drivers, till then it kept on having the same problem as last time, the freezing crashes and at rare times it crashes and shows green or black dots appearing and disappearing, some other people say cuz of the minidump files and even the drivers issue. Can anyone help me with this problem? Here's the proof: Screenshot 2025-09-15 170839

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 937.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-09-16T15:18:34.6466667+00:00

Your description of the problem indicates, most likely there is a problem with the graphics drivers.

Please upload any minidump files you have for analysis, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes.

Open Windows File Explorer.

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up.

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive... etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link.

Then post the link here to the zip file, so I can take a look for you.

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.