Windows taking a lot of time to open/show taskbar icons

André Machado 20 Reputation points
2025-08-31T10:55:49.6+00:00

Hello,

Windows takes a long time to load task bar icons.

User's image

In safe mode works perfectly and without any delay, however when I run it normally it takes a few minutes. Drivers are up-to-date.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. André Machado 20 Reputation points
    2025-08-31T11:49:14.1533333+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. André Machado 20 Reputation points
    2025-08-31T11:37:26.2233333+00:00

    Already performed the first steps that you mention with the exception of the powershell commands , which I did now. But the issue remainsUser's image

    This is what I get when I boot the computer, and only after a few minutes I get the icons

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-31T11:29:44.92+00:00

    Hi, good day!

    When was the last time it worked properly?

    Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

    Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

    • Restart Windows Explorer

    Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

    Select the Processes tab.

    Scroll down and look for Windows Explorer

    Right click then select Restart.

    • Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

    After that, restart your computer

    • Repair all Windows apps via PowerShell

    Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager then click File

    Select "Run new task" then type: powershell

    Make sure to put a check mark on the "Create this task with administrative privileges" box

    Copy and paste the command below one at a time then press Enter. Please ignore the red errors and let the process complete.

    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_. InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    

    Restart your computer

    I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.