Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Anyone know why we don’t have that and other options on holding a link?
On iPad Air 5 running latest version of iPadOS
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Sadly using Safari is not the answer I would hope for LOL
Especially since opening a new tab in Safari doesn’t produce the News Feed that I get on Edge. I just want to be able to have an option to open in a new tab, right now the only options are Open, Copy or Share with none of those allowing me to open it in a new tab so I can keep where I am at on the main tab…
I hear you, but that content doesn't come from Microsoft. It's from a hired contractor. You think Microsoft has time to go through news sites all over the world and pick out items to feature on Microsoft Edge?
I completely understand that, we are talking about links on a Microsoft site using a Microsoft browser it should be something they could do honestly
Not all elements on a web page can be opened in a new tab. It depends on how the element was coded.
Hi PapalPenguin,
Welcome to ask the Microsoft community and we'll be happy to help you.
We are in the same situation as you through testing, the user interface and functionality on the iPad, especially when using the Edge browser, may be different from the Edge browser on the PC due to the limitations and design guidelines of the iOS and iPadOS platforms. On the iPad, the Edge browser may be designed to be more touch-friendly and have a cleaner interface, whereas on the PC, it may offer more features and more complex interaction options.
If you encounter limitations in the Edge browser, try using the Safari browser to see if there are more options or better support, as Safari is optimized for both iOS and iPadOS. You may want to consider cross use.
I look forward to hearing from you and sharing more information.
Zoro-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist