Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Greetings,
How do I block video media autoplay on Edge for Android? Some news sites pop up videos. It consumes my data plan.
How can I toggle or block this?
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ofcourse.
To help others with a similar issue, consider marking the thread as answered by pressing Yes below the appropriate post. Have a good week.
Hi Captain,
It seems you are correct. They have temporarily removed extension support from Dev. The only option you have is Canary :(
OK. Makes sense. Thanks for the tip. These things take some work to figure out sometimes.
Hi Captain,
It seems you are correct. They have temporarily removed extension support from Dev. The only option you have is Canary :(
Update 2
The Extention feature is not in Developer Mode on Edge Beta either version 125.0.2535.87.
At least as I understand it, and I'm not saying I do.
Update:
It looks like this feature is not available in stable version 125.0.2535.87. So, maybe it's still available in Canary or later Insider Version. Or the feature withdrawn.
Specifically, I don't see "Extension install by id" after following the steps under the excellent Reddit post you shared, meaning under point 4 "In the Developer Options, tap on “Extension install by id.”"
Do you have any insight? Perhaps what Edge Insider Beta version has this?
James