Immersive reader does not turn on

Anonymous
2025-03-24T22:43:27+00:00

So hi!

I’m a mobile user of Microsoft Edge and have been using the immersive reader function for text to speech. Initially, the immersive reader mode work but the read aloud didn’t alway work so I have to reload a couple of time. But a few day ago, immersive reader mode become inaccessible no matter what I tried, restart, try others website, try updating edge but I already have the latest version, nothing seem to work. Can you inform me of the problem?

I’m using iOS 18.3.2

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T13:15:40+00:00

    My laptop immersive reader stopped working after an update in late 2024. I recently connected the laptop to a USB keyboard and its' F9 key does open it. ****?

    Rob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. paulr0511 49,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-25T19:57:03+00:00

    You are welcome and hopefully this gets fixed the soonest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T19:53:02+00:00

    Thank you so much for providing feedback for my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. paulr0511 49,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-25T19:46:01+00:00

    If you will continue to experience the issue even after trying the above, you can also send a feedback to the team that is working on Edge and hopefully a fix will be applied soon on the next update and you can provide a feedback from the browser itself by tapping on the 3 lines (hamburger icon) > Help and feedback and cascade it from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T04:56:22+00:00

    I have tried uninstall and reinstall with no luck, the link you provided only let me download the newest version and the same issue still occur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments