Edge on Android 12L crashes when checking payment info

Anonymous
2025-03-04T21:34:50+00:00

Hi

This bug applies to the latest version of Edge for Android.133.0.3065.92

I am using Android 12L, Surface Duo 2

I have noticed this bug that has been introduced over the past maybe 2 weeks.

When I fill out or use auto-fill for my card details, I get to the point of entering the CCV , then the message, checking payment info, then Edge crashes.

I do not get this issue using Chrome browser, so I don't think it is anything to do with my card but rather some exchange between Edge and Microsoft account/ wallet.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

12 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T19:23:04+00:00

    You say it sounds crazy.... Let me tell you about my last two interactions with Microsoft on the business front.

    1. My Outlook contacts database categories vanished last July. Literally two years of careful database creation wiped out. The first fix Microsoft recommended.... Switch to chrome. It didn't work and is still broken.
    2. So LinkedIn is owned by Microsoft. Last month, my ridiculously expensive linkedin professional services account (circa £18,000 a year) stopped allowing me to send messsges. The response from tech support...switch to chrome.

    Microsoft have zero faith in edge.

    That Rick and Morty joke absolutely nailed it....

    Edge "why do I exist?"

    Rick "To download Chrome"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T12:09:31+00:00

    Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP. Crazy we'll have to stop using Microsoft Edge on a Microsoft device for Google Chrome.

    @ Sumit, has this bug been logged with the Edge dev team?

    Thank you

    Ade

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T09:26:54+00:00

    I have the same problem, also on Android 12 on Surface Duo 2.

    I've tried to make payments on three different websites, and get as far as a little black window that pops up, asking me to I out my saved card csv, when you input and click confirm, edge shuts down and the sale is cancelled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T09:45:43+00:00

    Hi again

    FYI I started a thread here about this https://www.reddit.com/r/surfaceduo/s/RqW9pjVEQb

    Let's hope Microsoft can fix the bug!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T23:25:48+00:00

    Ade,

    I've submitted multiple 'Help and feedback' about the inaccessible 'Settings'. I've even installed Edge Canary to see if the issue persists in the latest builds and submitted 'Help and feedback' in Edge Canary. Not having access to 'Settings' is an extremely large issue in my book. I'll no longer be able to use Edge as my default browser long-term on my Duo 2 if that issue isn't resolved in the near future.

    Also, I've submitted 'Help and feedback' regarding Edge crashing when attempting to 'Verify' my Microsoft account.

    And yep, I'm aware that Edge works correctly on "normal" candy bar devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G with Edge working perfectly, and it's still on Android 13.

    To give you some hope, I've received an email reply from the Microsoft Edge Feedback Team for the 'Settings' issue stating that "it is an issue, we will investigate it." But "investigate" may simply mean the Edge Dev Team saying, "Yep, it's a problem...we don't care."

    I don't have a great deal of hope. The Surface Duo 2 is no longer a supported device, and I suspect Microsoft could not care less what works and what doesn't. Continuing to use the Duo 2 is going to be a death by a thousand cuts. It's been fully abandoned in-place. Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard is vital to using the Duo 2 for me. If you go into the Google Play Store, you'll see that the Duo 2 is no longer a compatible device with SwiftKey and SwiftKey Beta. So...no more SwiftKey updates for Duo 2.

    You'll just start to notice more and more things being broken on the Duo 2. And we have little to no chance of these issues being resolved. The Surface Duo 2 is such an unique device that it would take singular attention from Microsoft to keep it working. Microsoft is now giving zero, zip, zilch, nada attention to the Duo 2. Enjoy the Surface Duo 2 for what it can do right now, because it's only going to work less going forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments