Unable use the draw feature on PDF using edge anymore on my mac, it worked before

Anonymous
2023-07-28T18:03:31+00:00

It seems I cannot use the draw feature on pdf anymore on my mac using edge.

Its strange because it used to work perfectly a few months ago, and the draw feature still appears on the tool bar. However, when I draw a line I can see it but it just don't stay there, it disappears once I finish drawing. What kind of bug is that? Please help.

Monte

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

24 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T02:47:07+00:00

    For anyone reaching this thread post August 2024 who still can't get a PDF with ink strokes to save in Edge, here's an actual fix that worked for me:

    1. Go to edge://flags
    2. Search for: PDF Viewer
    3. Set "New PDF Viewer" to disabled
    4. Restart Edge

    To check whether this has worked for you, open a PDF in Edge, draw/ink on it, then check whether the Save button shows as enabled.

    PS: answers.microsoft.com is frustratingly ripe with "MVPs" who appear to be incapable providing help beyond "reset / restart / reinstall"
    Please take time to provide negative feedback on the people who provide useless advice, so that Microsoft can see that they're not helping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T12:43:16+00:00

    I think it's been fixed now in the latest update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-16T17:11:32+00:00

    What's the version you have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T20:43:11+00:00

    Problem resolved in the latest update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T20:21:15+00:00

    YAYYYYY!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments