Launching Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every single time I open Edge on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S24), I get a pop-up that says "Allow this page to open Google Play?" And I have to choose "Allow" or "Cancel". Every single time. I've disabled Google Play and it still happens. I have ads and pop-ups blocked, but it is still happening. I've turned on "Block opening external apps" and it is still happening. It doesn't happen when I use Chrome, only Edge. Why? I don't want to stop using Edge but I will have to if this keeps happening. Has anyone else been able to fix this? It's only been like this for a few days. It used to be such a great app.
Launching Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Does it happen every time you open Edge? If so, are there any tabs that you're keeping in the background? From what I experienced, this is a website script that's redirecting you to an app in Play Store. Once you've blocked external apps from opening, I recommend clearing your cache and cookies, so the website's permissions are reset. Go to Settings > Site settings > Site permissions > All sites > Delete browsing data. Just make sure to leave "Saved passwords" and "Autofill form data" unchecked so you donβt lose any important data.
Thank you! I've been suddenly having the same issue and while I never turned that setting off, switching it did seem to resolve the problem. So glad I found the solution. Thanks for posting.
Hi, Paulo.
This worked!!
Thank you so much π.
πΈπππ
Hey Paulo!
Thanks so much for the reply and for attempting to help. Unfortunately, I have tried that. I currently have disabled them to "block opening all external apps", and it is still happening. It doesn't make any sense! But, still, thank you for the attempted help, I really really appreciate it :)
Hi Angela, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.
I've experienced the same issue as well. I was able to resolve it by disabling the option "Block opening all external apps". You can find it in Edge settings > Site settings. See if this works for you.