Launching Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
when I'm trying to sign in to certain websites the words 400 bad request shows up and I don't know what to do and how to cross it out?
Launching Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.
I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, have you tried to check the website using a different device? just to be sure if the issue on the website itself or the PC? if the issue happens to your PC, I suggest following the steps below:
First what we will do is enable WWAN and WLAN services, these services are essential to run the Wireless and wired connection perfectly.
-Look for WLAN Autoconfig and WWAN Autoconfig> Right-Click Properties and set it to automatic (If it's already set to automatic, right-click then click stop then start it again)
-Restart the PC and check
If the issue persists, run the following command in Command Prompt (Admin). Follow the steps below to do so.
These sets of commands will reset the internet connection and re-calibrate the internet settings you have.
Press Windows Key + X.
Click on Command prompt (Admin).
Type the following commands, and hit Enter after each command:
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
If the same issue follows the methods below:
Method 1. Do clean boot:
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.
Troubleshooting reference:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.
Bernard