Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When performing a Google search for something I’m shopping for, I click a search result and if there’s an app for the page, it opens that app. Example, I see something in the search result at Lowe’s, click the link and it opens the Lowe’s app. I just want to keep shopping in my browser (Edge), not go to another app.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi, Derrell Chapman
Welcome to the Microsoft community.
The behavior you described is likely because the website detected that you are using a mobile device, which is causing the issue. Edge itself cannot block this behavior. You can check the relevant security settings in the iOS permissions settings to see if there are any related settings. As for Edge settings, you can switch to the desktop site by clicking the menu button in Edge, which should prevent this behavior. It is also recommended that you provide feedback to the developers about your needs using the feedback button and wait for them to improve the relevant features.
Best regards
Tommy Jin | Microsoft Community Support Specialist