Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
IOS Why after an automatic update have all my tabs disappeared when I opened edge again??? I moved to Edge from Chrome because chrome did this to me. Was told edge had the recover option without having to open every individual tab again yet it’s gone and done the same thing!! How do I fix it?
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am syncing with my other devices but this didn't help. I even tried the "Re-Sync" option and that also didn't work. Interesting to note that there are no tabs showing in "Recently Closed" (History) which is where I have always been able to re-populated from in the past. Could this be because I rejected all cookies after the browser update?
Do you sync your open tabs to your Microsoft account? (And were you syncing your open tabs to your Google account?)
Updates to browsers will sometimes wipe out open tabs, history, reading lists, etc. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable. But when you sync your browser, these items get repopulated in just a few seconds, because they are stored in your account
You don't have to sync your browser, whether Microsoft Edge or Chrome or Brave or Firefox, etc. But you miss out on the advantages of syncing when you don't sync.