Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am wondering how I can disable autoplay in edge on an iPhone.
Microsoft must have developed a way to disable autoplay. Unless im mistaken and their devs and employees have low IQs and did not include the option on iPhones.
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello, Concerned with privacy using Microsoft products"
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
We understand the inconvenience you have encountered with the Edge browser on IOS. After testing and inquiries, Microsoft Edge on iPhone does not provide an option to disable autoplay.
However, Microsoft is always updating its software and adding new features, so this may change in the future. You can submit this suggestion to the development team through Feedback in the Edge app, and I helped you submit it. Or you can try submitting feedback with friends around you. If more people work on this, they will notice it faster.
Best regards,
Chandy |Microsoft Community Support Specialist
I absolutely despise the fact that browsers autoplay videos by default. If I want to see a video playing, I’ll tap or click to play it. I should not be forced to see a video playing. I always stop the video immediately or leave the page altogether when it starts auto-playing.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more