Managing and troubleshooting browser extensions in Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I encountered an issue with the Bitwarden extension on Microsoft Edge (Android phone version). Since I use Bitwarden to sync my passwords, I'm glad it supports extensions. However, after downloading the extension, I found that the "Self-Hosted" option at the bottom cannot be opened. I thought it might be a problem with my phone, but even when switching to another phone, the same issue persists. Could you please help me figure out what's causing this?
Managing and troubleshooting browser extensions in Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi, QingYang Liu
Welcome to the Microsoft community.
We were able to reproduce your issue. We tested using the Canary version and still encountered the same problem. Since the feature in Edge is currently in beta, issues are not uncommon. Given that we can all replicate the problem, I believe it is a compatibility issue between Edge and the extension causing the issue. As this is a functionality-related problem, please click on the Edge menu button, scroll through to "More Features," and report the issue to the Edge developers. I also suggest that you report the issue to the extension developers.
Best regards
Tommy Jin | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
I'm very glad to receive your reply! I've already tried to contact the plugin authors, but they said they have no plans to do this part of the adaptation for now. I tested Firefox browser and it can be used normally. Considering this, there may be a way to adapt it for Edge, so I'm bothering you. Thank you for the developers' contribution! I will continue to feedback according to your instructions on Edge, and thank you again for your reply. I hope Edge will become better and better.
Hi, QingYang Liu
Welcome to the Microsoft community.
We were able to reproduce your issue. We tested using the Canary version and still encountered the same problem. Since the feature in Edge is currently in beta, issues are not uncommon. Given that we can all replicate the problem, I believe it is a compatibility issue between Edge and the extension causing the issue. As this is a functionality-related problem, please click on the Edge menu button, scroll through to "More Features," and report the issue to the Edge developers. I also suggest that you report the issue to the extension developers.
Best regards
Tommy Jin | Microsoft Community Support Specialist