Launching Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This
error measage pops up every time i open edge on my iphone 11 and it links me to this website. com.microsoft.msedge:// I havent messed with any of the settings so i dont know why it does this.
Launching Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi MrJeffery907,
Good day! This is Jhakesong an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to assist you with this.
From the way it looks, Edge is opening up with an invalid website address as its default homepage.
com.microsoft.msedge:// is not a valid website address. I tried it on my Windows computer and also on my Iphone (Installed Edge from the Appstore). Mine displays fine. I tried to check for settings in Edge for IOS to see if we can change the default homepage but it doesn't seem to be available. You can still use Edge if you type the website address manually from the address bar but it will always come up with the invalid address when you launch it.
If I may ask, have you tried to uninstall the Edge App from your Iphone and re download it again? This might override the settings you are currently having when you install a fresh copy from the App Store.
Hope this helps. Have a great day!
Apparently your problem is due to the fact that you have to update your Edge browser. To do this, go to the "Start" menu and select "Settings". Another way to do this is through the following command "Windows + I".
Once we have opened this panel, we will click on "Update and Security".
Next, we select "Windows Update" in the left panel.
At this time we will check if there are updates available for the operating system. If there is a new one, we will have to click on it to refresh the version.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
com.microsoft.msedge:// Is what opens every time open edge.
Hello, MrJeffery907.
My name Is Alonso, I am an independent advisor.
Could you pass me the page you are trying to enter? This in order to determine that your failure can be treated.
Greetings.