Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I was using Google Chrome and recently moved to Microsoft Edge. In the last few days, I have repeatedly encountered a mistake. The problem is, when I try to open a machete based websitein the Edge browser, I only see the HTML page of that website.
On the other hand, when I open the same website in another browser, it opens easily. But I don't want to go to another browser to use the same website. If anyone have a solution for this issue, so please let me know. Thanks
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings,
My name is Rhaine, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.
I am also using Windows 10 pc and the new Edge browser. Let us work together to sort this out.
I tried to replicate the issue and that website work perfectly fine in my device.
I am using the Edge Version 84.0.522.52 .
Here's the steps you can try, you can reset the Edge you are using.
Note: Resetting of Edge will set it to its default settings, all the saved password, browser history and favorites will be remove.
Open the Edge browser.
Click the 3 dots in the upper right side of the screen.
Go to settings.
You will see the "Reset Settings"
Restart your pc for the changes to take effect and try to access the same website.
If issue persist you can re-install the Edge browser to get the latest updates.
Here's the link to download the Edge
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes. I'll look forward for your response.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.
With Warm Regards,
Rhaine C.
Hi Rhaine,
I have the same problem, but when I click on "Settings" to try your advice above, it won't open either. It gives me the same message that the website has a problem. It was working fine up until today. I uninstalled and re-installed it and it is still having the same problem.
Thanks.
Greetings,
My name is Rhaine, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.
I am also using Windows 10 pc and the new Edge browser. Let us work together to sort this out.
I tried to replicate the issue and that website work perfectly fine in my device.
I am using the Edge Version 84.0.522.52 .
Here's the steps you can try, you can reset the Edge you are using.
Note: Resetting of Edge will set it to its default settings, all the saved password, browser history and favorites will be remove.
Open the Edge browser.
Click the 3 dots in the upper right side of the screen.
Go to settings.
You will see the "Reset Settings"
Restart your pc for the changes to take effect and try to access the same website.
If issue persist you can re-install the Edge browser to get the latest updates.
Here's the link to download the Edge
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes. I'll look forward for your response.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.
With Warm Regards,
Rhaine C.
Hi Rhaine,
I appreciate your prompt and detailed answer to my question. And I'm glad to tell you that my problem was solved because of the way you said it.
I want to say thanks again.
Greetings,
I appreciate your time and effort getting back to this thread, I am so glad to know that it worked. If you need assistance in the future feel free to reach us here in the community we are more than happy to help.
With Warm Regards,
Rhaine C.
Hi Rhaine,
I have the same problem, but when I click on "Settings" to try your advice above, it won't open either. It gives me the same message that the website has a problem. It was working fine up until today. I uninstalled and re-installed it and it is still having the same problem.
Thanks.
Hi Jennifer, does the issue concern MacOS?