Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For some reason, reader mode is not showing available for CNN stories. However, if I use any of the available chrome reader mode extensions, it works fine. Also, Firefox Reader mode works fine. What is going on with Edge?
Thanks!
Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
... reader mode is not showing available for CNN stories.
I saw the same on Windows; I don't have an iOS device to test with, I'm afraid., so this may not help.
It's often possible to use reader mode even though it's apparently not available (no icon in the address bar): just prepend read: to the URL in the address bar and enter.
For example, after doing this, for me
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/01/europe/france-uk-driest-july-intl-gbr/index.html
becomes
read://https_edition.cnn.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F2022%2F08%2F01%2Feurope%2Ffrance-uk-driest-july-intl-gbr%2Findex.html
and reader mode works flawlessly.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi gbcox, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.
Do you mean the Read aloud feature? If so, does it work on other websites?
You may first try to delete the site data and see if it helps. To do this, go to Edge Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Manage and delete cookies and site data > See all cookies and site data. Search CNN then click the bin icon to remove and check if the issue is fixed.