Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The laptop takes ages to load, and also to open a web page. The above error message sometimes pops up and I have had to switch off the machine,
Any help to fix this issue would be appreciated,
Thanks
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That's good to know. I'm glad that I could help you. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask again. Also, feel free to choose a rating.
Stay safe always and have a great day.
Thanks.
Hi Paul
Was not able to delete but had the option to repair, and this seems to have done the trick.
Fingers x that the problem is not resolved.
Thanks for your time and advice.
Regards
Sathia
The file "msedge.dll" might be corrupted.
Try to uninstall MS Edge.
>> Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
>> Copy paste the command below and enter.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\92.0.902.55\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall
Then download and install MS Edge from the link below.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
Hi Paul. Thanks for response. Unfortunately on point 2 and 3 I am unable to proceed. The laptop is not performing and am getting error messages.
C:\program files
(x86)\Microsoft \Edge\Application \92.0.902.55\msedge
dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Contact software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000006.
I am hoping microsoft technician will see this message and provide a solution .
Hi SPVV,
I'm Paul, an Independent Advisor. I hope I can help you with your concern.
Please try the following method.
Open Settings > Apps > Apps & features > select Microsoft Edge and then select Modify > select Repair.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.