Microsoft Visio on a personal 365 subscription

Paul Martin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T18:38:23.8166667+00:00

I really want to know why Microsoft doesn't offer the Plan 1 or Plan 2 Visio subscription to personal users?

The irony is that most businesses can easily afford the one off, unreasonably expensive, Visio software which is the only one available to personal users, but the vast majority of personal users can't afford it. What I can easily afford though, is the £12 a month for Plan 2...but that is only available to businesses. Why!?

I can also afford the (nearly) £700 for the personal one off option...but not in one go. If only Microsoft could find a way of allowing you to have the software, but pay on a subscription basis...🤔. In fact, that would be a good idea if they could do that with all of their applications, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint...oh...wait...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Visio | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ryan-N 16,135 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T18:53:46.9566667+00:00

    Hi Paul,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    I understand that offering Visio as a monthly subscription for personal Microsoft accounts could make the product more accessible to users, rather than requiring them to pay the full cost of a one-time purchase upfront.

    To help ensure that your feedback reaches Microsoft’s product development team more effectively, I recommend submitting it through Microsoft’s official feedback portal.

    This is where Microsoft collects and reviews feedback from users to help improve its products and user experience in the future.

     If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.