I've gone through the troubleshooting and the built in camera does not focus

Shannon Powell 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T18:57:04.5566667+00:00

I've tried all the troubleshooting I can find and nothing fixes the focus problem of the camera. This laptop is only a couple months old and should not have these issues.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T19:30:48.3366667+00:00

    Hello,

    Make sure there is no protective film still covering the camera lens and gently clean the lens.

    Many built-in laptop webcams have a fixed-focus lens rather than adjustable autofocus. However, if the image is abnormally blurry even when you are sitting at a normal distance from the laptop, the camera module itself may be defective or misaligned.

    Since the laptop is only a couple of months old, I would contact the laptop manufacturer and have them check the webcam under warranty rather than continuing to reinstall drivers or Windows. This is typically not a software issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.