Trying to upgrade Word to Premium

Bob Youngblood 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T16:34:36.12+00:00

I am trying to upgrade Word to Premium in order to get more access to AI. Most of the time it looks like I am on my own account. But when I try to upgrade, your algorithm goes into an infinite loop. This is related to my somehow being on an account belonging to my wife. I need my own account so I can upgrade Word and get back to work. We may have bought originally through Best Buy (it was some time ago and I don't remember) and that may be part of the problem.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 354K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-07T17:42:55.1933333+00:00

    Is this a purchase made directly from Microsoft? In that case, start an in private (incognito) browser window and see if that lets you access the correct account at https://account.microsoft.com/services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.