A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Hi Bruce,
Based on what you shared, since attachments work in a newly created test database, this is likely specific to the existing database.
For the best possible assistance, please share more details about the situation:
- What is the current size of the affected .accdb or .mdb file? An Access database has a maximum total size of 2 GB, minus the space required for system objects.
- Does the crash happen with every existing attachment, or only attachments in particular records?
- Where is the database stored (local computer, a network drive, OneDrive/SharePoint synchronized storage, etc.)?
- Is the database split into a front end and back end? If so, which file contains the table with the attachment field?
- Were there any recent changes before the crash started? For example, an Office update, Windows update, database design change, new VBA code, or importing a large number of documents.
I want to make sure I have clear information about the situation and provide appropriate guidance. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again in the comments on this post. I'm happy to help.
I greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding.