Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi DM,
Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.
Based on your description, I understand that you can add the shared mailbox when using New Outlook and Outlook on the web. However, when you try to add the shared mailbox to Classic Outlook, the application becomes unresponsive.
Additionally, you have already tried reinstalling Office, removing the account, and adding it again, but the issue still persists.
First, please try opening Outlook in Safe Mode to determine whether the issue may be related to Outlook add-ins:
- Close Outlook completely.
- Press Windows + R.
- Enter: outlook.exe /safe
- Press Enter or select OK.
- Then, check whether you can add the shared mailbox and use Outlook normally.
If the issue still occurs while Outlook is running in Safe Mode, and as you mentioned, this issue is affecting multiple users, I recommend contacting Microsoft Technical Support for further investigation.
The support team can assist you with further checking your current environment and configuration to help determine the cause of the issue.
To contact Microsoft Technical Support, you can refer to the following documentation:
Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn
I hope this information is helpful.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.
I look forward to continuing the conversation.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.