Virtual Machine Resize: Scheduled Production Change — Request for Support During Maintenance

NeedAzureSupport123-4066 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T06:21:09.86+00:00

Problem description

I am planning to resize a Windows virtual machine in Azure from Standard_DS3_v2 to Standard_D4s_v5. The resize is scheduled as a planned production activity, not a failure or outage. I want support during this process to ensure a smooth transition.

Environment

Azure Virtual Machine running Windows, in East US region, currently in a non-zonal environment, with a current size of Standard_DS3_v2.

What I've already tried

I have confirmed that the VM has not been stopped or deallocated yet. I referenced Microsoft guidance confirming the supported sequence for resizing: stop (deallocate) the VM, resize, and then start. Diagnostics show the VM is running and in East US. I understand that the VM must be deallocated to perform the resize, and I have not attempted the resize yet.

Current status

I am seeking confirmation if a Microsoft Azure Support engineer can be available during my scheduled maintenance window to assist with the resize process, including handling any potential allocation or resize issues. I would also like guidance on how to coordinate this support and whether it is possible under my current support plan.

Azure Virtual Machines
Azure Virtual Machines

An Azure service that is used to provision Windows and Linux virtual machines.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.