Student read a passage in Reading Coach in someone else's account- may I delete it?

Renee Matson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T18:22:03.42+00:00

We share iPads across classes. A student did not sign out of their account at the end of their session and another student created a story on their account. Is there a way to delete that story?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Reading coach/ Reading progress
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ivory 1,825 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T19:00:44.0766667+00:00

    Hi Renee,

    Currently I have not found a supported feature that allows a teacher or administrator to delete an individual story or reading activity created in Reading Coach from the student side. The History feature is designed to keep a record of texts that have been read and completed, but there isn't a way to remove individual entries from that history. Since the story was created while another student was signed in, it would be associated with that student's Reading Coach history.

    To help prevent this in the future, it may be worth reminding students to sign out of shared iPads after each session or implementing shared device sign-in practices if available.

    However, I believe this feature is impacting to your classes, I highly recommend submitting a suggestion directly from Teams by navigating to: Microsoft Teams · Community. This is the most effective way to ensure your voice reaches the product team and can be considered for future improvements.  

    User's image

    Once you've submitted your feedback, feel free to share the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to upvote it to help bring more visibility.  

    In the meantime, if you see my replies bring helpful information, please kindly accept it as an answer and vote it up by your original account, which raised this question. Once marked, it will automatically pin to top. As other users will also search information in this community, your valuable vote up will definitely also help other users who have similar queries easily to find the correct channel and useful information more quickly.   

    I hope this provides enough clarity and helps you stay inform with your current situation.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.    


    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.