Locked out of tenant after changing sole Global Administrator from Guest to Member

Vedal neuro 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T10:31:10.4133333+00:00

I set up my test Azure lab to prepare for SC-500 using my personal account

And I found out it was a guest status so I changed it to member without realizing this could lock me out.

As it was a lab there was only one account. No break glass accounts set up.

I need to get it back to prepare for my certification

I got

{
  "sessionId": "deb6a874390d49a192f6cf9dfe9dc49d",
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorMessage": "login_required: AADSTS50058: A silent sign-in request was sent but none of the currently signed in user(s) match the requested login hint. Trace ID: fa132994-b17f-4b9d-9b16-16878f3ad601 Correlation ID: c935e7fa-a729-440b-9936-754d688a6018 Timestamp: 2026-10-05 10:09:04Z",
      "clientId": "c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c",
      "scopes": [
        "c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c/.default"
      ]
    },
    {
      "errorMessage": "login_required: AADSTS50058: A silent sign-in request was sent but none of the currently signed in user(s) match the requested login hint. Trace ID: ede6a7f4-189d-47dc-8477-16696dfea500 Correlation ID: cd4eaa9c-cb05-4a10-ac09-af34c113b8be Timestamp: 2026-10-05 10:09:04Z",
      "clientId": "c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c",
      "scopes": [
        "https://management.core.windows.net//.default"
      ]
    },
    {
      "errorMessage": "login_required: AADSTS50058: A silent sign-in request was sent but none of the currently signed in user(s) match the requested login hint. Trace ID: ede6a7f4-189d-47dc-8477-16696dfea500 Correlation ID: cd4eaa9c-cb05-4a10-ac09-af34c113b8be Timestamp: 2026-10-05 10:09:04Z",
      "clientId": "c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c",
      "scopes": [
        "https://management.core.windows.net//.default"
      ]
    }
  ]
}


No accessible Global Administrator remains.

The sole Global Administrator was a personal Microsoft account

(******@gmail.com) invited as a Guest.

The user type was changed from Guest to Member.

Immediately after the change, the account lost access and now receives:

AADSTS50020

AADSTS500200

No other administrator accounts exist.

Tenant:

willepp07pgmail.onmicrosoft.com

Subscription:

eb6a4f7f-f228-43b8-882e-81c424f54eb7

Request escalation to Data Protection / Tenant Recovery.

You can contact me at ******@gmail.com

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Said A 1,046 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T12:19:16.93+00:00

    If you have access to another tenant you can create a support ticket from there and share your tenant ID / email with the support team.

    It would take a while for the ticket to be transferred to the Data Security team;

    I had the same thing happen to me and it took 1 week to restore my tenant after sharing documents proving ownership.

    Goodluck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.