Microsoft for Startups verification failed — Preview provides no Program Support or manual review option

Ivan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T18:32:43.04+00:00

I am requesting assistance reaching Microsoft for Startups Program Support for a manual startup-verification review.

I applied to Microsoft for Startups for Municipal Centre, a Canadian civic technology startup. My account received the initial $200 Azure credit, but startup verification subsequently returned “We couldn't verify your startup” without providing a reason.

I am using the new “Build your startup” Preview experience in the Azure portal. My dashboard does not contain “Your Microsoft Team” or “Get program support,” so I have no visible way to contact Microsoft for Startups Program Support.

I also attempted to use Azure Help + Support → Subscription management. There is no Microsoft for Startups verification category. I tried Benefits/Offers and other applicable categories, but the support wizard repeatedly redirects me to unrelated automated Solutions articles and does not allow me to submit the verification issue to a support representative.

Municipal Centre is an active Canadian civic technology startup with a registered corporation, company domain and email, LinkedIn company presence, functioning software products, and an active Azure development environment. Our software is already successfully authenticating with Microsoft Azure while we develop automated Canadian cloud deployment.

I can privately provide corporate registration documents, proof of domain ownership, product screenshots, LinkedIn information, or any other documentation required for verification.

Could a Microsoft moderator please escalate this to Microsoft for Startups Program Support / Business Verification for a manual review, or provide the correct human support channel for users in the new Preview experience?

I will not post subscription IDs, tenant IDs, corporate documents, or other sensitive account information publicly.

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.