Team Channel "More" Section PDF upload error

Ishmeet Sahney 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T03:04:53.52+00:00

Hello,

I have created a Teams channel for my organization in Microsoft Teams. It works perfectly on the desktop/laptop.

However, on the mobile app, I am experiencing issues with PDF files.

All the files work in the "Files" app.

Under the "More" tab in the mobile version ONLY, the PDFs work and then stop working on their own. Then they magically work and stop again. I do not understand why. They were originally in SharePoint. I downloaded them to my desktop and uploaded them again when this issue first occurred, but the same thing happened. I cleared the cache as well. I was very excited to use the Microsoft Teams channel, but this is a big downside for my organization. How to fix this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams on mobile devices
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Julie Huynh 3,770 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T03:51:09.5633333+00:00

    Dear Ishmeet Sahney,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum!

    Based on your description, the following points are worth noting:

    • PDF files continue to work normally in SharePoint.
    • The issue occurs only in the mobile Teams app when viewing files via the "More" tab.
    • Downloading and re-uploading the PDF file does not resolve the issue.
    • The problem is intermittent; not all PDF files are affected.

    Based on that, this is likely an issue related to the Teams mobile app, the tab display mechanism, or the connection between Teams and SharePoint, rather than the PDF files themselves.

    To better understand what may be causing the issue, could you please provide a bit more information:

    • Could you take a screenshot of the error you are encountering?
    • Is there anything special about the corrupted files?
    • Does this error appear on all your channels, or just one?
    • Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
    • What kind of phone are you using for Teams? Please try testing it on a phone with a different operating system to see if the problem persists.
    • Have you tried logging in again or reinstalling the app? If so, what was the result?

    I am a user just like you, so when I saw you report the error mentioned above, I checked it myself; however, unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

    I checked on both iOS and Android devices, and the "Files" tab contains files that have been uploaded or shared within the channel. You mentioned that it is working normally on your mobile app, is it right? Regarding the "More" tab - as I understand it, this tab doesn't store PDF files but is instead a place to integrate apps with Teams. Could you please provide more details about the "More" tab you mentioned?

    If you’re able to share a bit more about your situation, I might be able to suggest some helpful next steps. 

    Kindly let me know when there are updates or if you need further assistance. Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing how things are going! 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.