Blob Storage: Recovering Data After Accidental Deletion in East US Region

HamzaMsiah-1096 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T10:23:51.8866667+00:00

Problem description

I am seeking assistance with recovering data from two Azure Blob Storage containers in the East US region. The containers are still present but are empty, and I believe the data was deleted between 2026-05-14 and 2026-05-26. My goal is to recover the historical data that was stored in these containers.

Environment

Azure Blob Storage account in East US, with two affected containers and a lifecycle management rule that deletes blobs older than 7 days.

What I've already tried

I have limited information on troubleshooting steps taken. I submitted a recovery request specifying the deletion window and the container names. I have checked the containers' current state and reviewed the lifecycle management rule. No additional recovery actions or diagnostic tests have been documented.

Current status

Currently, I am requesting escalation to a support engineer and the Azure Storage product group to determine if any copies of the data still exist at the platform level. I am willing to consider any recovery service, even at a high cost. If recovery is impossible, I would like confirmation of the cause and details of the deletion process.

Azure Blob Storage
Azure Blob Storage

An Azure service that stores unstructured data in the cloud as blobs.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.