A catalog of AI models in Microsoft Foundry that you can discover, compare, and deploy using Azure’s built‑in tools for evaluation, fine‑tuning, and inference
Microsoft.CognitiveServices/accounts/deployments: Preflight validation errors during deployment — Issue with API version 2025-06-01
Problem description
Model deployment blocked during ARM resource-provider preflight validation. I am getting errors when attempting to deploy a resource group-scoped deployment stack containing a Microsoft.CognitiveServices/accounts resource with API version 2025-06-01. The deployment fails during the stack preview and deploy, and the error message indicates that the template is not valid according to the validation procedure, with details referencing a failure in the deployment stack operation status in Sweden Central. This template has an ai foundary account with 3 projects and 2 deployment models for chat and embeddings. Validation works with ai foundary alone. ai foundary + 3 projects. but when models are included I get this error.
Note: resource already existed , we migrated from non managed to managed resources with new az stack
Environment
Azure AI Foundry deployment workflow using Azure CLI what-if / stack deployment preview; resource-group scoped deployment stack; region: Sweden Central; affected resource type: Microsoft.CognitiveServices/accounts with API version 2025-06-01.
What I've already tried
I have tested the same template with earlier apiVersions, such as 2025-04-01-preview and 2024-10-01. I also confirmed that the resource is a new creation, as the deployment stack does not exist yet, and the account has existed since 2026-09-22. I migrated from resource-level what-if to stack deployment, and the failure started after this change. Running az deployment group validate and az deployment group what-if with the same template and parameters both succeed, but the stack what-if continues to fail.
Current status
Currently, the preflight validation during stack deployment fails with error code 715-123420, indicating that our system has detected unusual activity for the account, possibly related to recent repeated stack validations. The issue appears specific to the deployment stack validation in the Sweden Central region, and plain deployment validation succeeds. I am seeking assistance to understand and resolve this validation error to enable successful deployment of my resource.