M365 E3 Developer Subscription Deactivated - Need to Recover Files from OneDrive, SharePoint and Outlook

Sujoykumar Mitra 20 Reputation points
2026-09-29T07:38:38.3133333+00:00

Hi Support Team,

This morning 29th September 2026 I just realised that my M365 E3 Developer Subscription has been Deactivated.

I am unable to see my precious data. I have written to Microsoft support earlier that I am using this tenant since 2018 and paying my billing since then as Its regularly bill me. However, this time I got zero amount bill and will it cause any issue in future or delete my account. According to the support engineer, will be there no issue and my data will be retained.
Unfortunately, as I am unable to login to the outlook cannot get the case number.

Now, I see I cannot login to M365 Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint etc. and more importantly completely lost all my precious data.

Here are my details:

  • Subscription Type: Microsoft 365 Developer Program (E3)
  • **Tenant Domain: ucosmic.onmicrosoft.com **
  • Date I Lost Access: approximate date Sept 29, 2026
  • Services Affected: OneDrive for Developer and all SharePoint sites, Outlook, Teams etc.

My primary goal is to recover my important data from my OneDrive and SharePoint sites, and Outlook. I was not expecting to lose access this early and did not have a chance to back up my files.

Could you please investigate why my tenant was disabled and let me know if it is possible to get temporary access restored so I can recover my data?

I need your quick assistance for the Recovery of files from OneDrive, SharePoint and Outlook etc.

Thanks & Regards,

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Development | Microsoft 365 Developer Program
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Helen Luu 3,300 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-29T11:58:14.8566667+00:00

Hello @Sujoykumar Mitra

Based on your description, it looks like you are missing all data such as Outlook, OneDrive SharePoint... and you would like to restore your data.   

To check whether the issue is related to all subscriptions that include OneDrive or SharePoint being marked as “Deleted”, please follow these steps: 

  1. Go to https://admin.cloud.microsoft. 
  2. From the left pane, expand Billing and select Your products. 
  3. Apply the filter options as shown in the screenshot below and select All available options.  

If your subscription shows as “Deleted”, this indicates that there has been no active purchase for more than 90 days. Microsoft retains customer data stored in Microsoft 365 in a limited-function account for 90 days to allow subscribers to extract their data. For more details, please refer to this official article: Data retention, deletion, and destruction in Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Service Assurance | Microsoft Learn 

Since access to your data was only recently lost, I recommend contacting Microsoft Support as soon as possible for further assistance. You can create a support ticket by following the steps outlined in Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.

Please note that only Microsoft Support team are able to review, access your tenant resource and help determine the available recovery options.

When opening the support request, please make sure to disable the Support Assistant (AI) in the Help panel first. After that, enter a brief description of the issue. Once the AI assistant is turned off, the Contact Support option should become available, allowing you to submit a support ticket directly to Microsoft's support team.

Please give this a try and let me know if you encounter any difficulties during the process. I will be happy to assist further where possible.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.