billing:We couldn't complete your sign-up.

Letian SUN 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T07:32:43.49+00:00

Hello Azure Support,

I cannot complete my Azure sign-up. I keep getting:

We couldn't complete your sign-up. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact support.

I believe the issue is that my bank card and phone number were previously used on a school Azure account:

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] @connect.hku.hk

I now want to register a personal Azure account, but the system seems to reject my card and phone because they are still linked to that school account.

Could you please:

Check whether my card and phone are still linked to [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] @connect.hku.hk

Help unlink them so I can register with my personal account

Let me know if the school account needs to be closed first

My personal email: (your personal email) Where it fails: (e.g. after entering card / when receiving SMS code) Already tried: different browser, incognito, different card and phone

Thank you.

Azure Advisor
Azure Advisor

An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.