Issue logging into personal teams account on iPhone

Simon Blakeley 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T07:55:52.0466667+00:00

I am having trouble logging into my personal microsoft teams account on my iPhone. My work account is working perfectly, but having used my personal account in the past (and then logging out) I can no longer login. I get so far and then when taken to the microsoft login browser page it tells me there is an error and I have tried to login too many times. I have left this alone for longer than 24 hours and I am still having issues. Here is what I have tried so far:

  • Logged out completely of all Teams accounts.
  • Deleted the app from my iphone.
  • Re installed the app.
  • Tried logging into my personal account first.

This hasn't worked either. Any suggestions please?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,735 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-28T15:55:42.64+00:00

    Hi Simon Blakeley,

    To help narrow this down, could you please clarify a few points?

    1. Are you able to sign in to your Microsoft account successfully at https://account.microsoft.com using Safari on the same iPhone?
    2. Can you sign in to Teams Free using the same personal account on another device (for example, a PC, Mac, or another mobile device)?
    3. What is the exact error message you receive on the Microsoft sign-in page? A screenshot (with any personal information obscured) would also be helpful.
    4. Does the issue occur on both Wi-Fi and mobile data?
    5. Is two-step verification enabled on the affected Microsoft account?

    The answers to these questions will help determine whether the issue is related to the Teams app, the iPhone's authentication process, or the Microsoft account itself.

    I look forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.