How to loop PowerPoint videos on iPad

Cesar 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T16:25:28.07+00:00

Hi! I use PowerPoint on an iPad as I teach. My PowerPoint presentations have a lot of looped video in it that I use as backgrounds for my slides. The problem I have is that while these videos loop without any problem on my laptop, I cannot get them to loop at all on my iPad. Once they’ve finished playing once, they freeze on the first frame. Is it a bug with the iPad version? Has anyone found any way to work around that? Thanks so much!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For education | iOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-25T17:08:33.9066667+00:00

    PowerPoint for iPad is a lite version of the program and does not have that capability. You can request that it be added by tapping on the three-dot icon at the right end of the Ribbon. Choose Help & Feedback, then choose Suggest a Feature. Post our idea, then others can vote on it. Microsoft uses this feedback to prioritize their programming.

    If you upload your file to OneDrive, then open it in PowerPoint for the web in a browser on your iPad, the video should loop. It works here in a test.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.