Teams messages won't go through - desktop or online

Nathan Alagappan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T01:44:41.9933333+00:00

A couple days ago, I realised my messages on teams weren't going through - I found logging out and logging back into teams resolved it - for a few minutes.

I also found restarting by quitting teams resolved the issue for a while but then it would come back.

I started using the online version of teams - but then it started happening on the online version too.

I can still receive messages, it doesn't mark them as read when I open them, I can't react or reply to the messages.

I've also restarted my computer two times during this to install new updates and the issue hasn't resolved

  • I am using Windows 11 Enterprise OS 26200.9445
  • Teams Version is: 26225.1806.5074.1452.
Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. BabybooHN 3,290 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-25T02:16:30.2266667+00:00

    Dear @Nathan Alagappan

    I understand that you can receive Teams messages, but you cannot send, reply, react to, or mark messages as read. Since the issue occurs in both the Teams desktop app and Teams on the web, and temporarily returns after restarting/signing in again, this is less likely to be a local desktop-app issue.

    I recommend checking the following first:

    1. Test Teams in an InPrivate/Incognito browser window and sign in again. This helps rule out cached credentials or browser extensions.
    2. Try a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, to determine whether the issue is related to your current network.
    3. Check the Microsoft 365 Service Health dashboard in the Microsoft 365 admin center for any active Teams incidents affecting messaging.
    4. If you are an administrator, check whether there are any Teams messaging policies or account/license changes affecting your user.

    If the problem persists across the desktop app, Teams web, and a different network, I would recommend collecting the exact time when the issue occurs and contacting your Microsoft 365 administrator/support, as the behavior may be related to the Teams service or your account rather than the local client.

    If possible, please also provide:

    • Whether this affects all chats or only specific chats
    • Whether you can send messages in Teams channels
    • Whether other users in the same organization are experiencing the same issue
    • Your Teams version and operating system

    This information will help narrow down whether the issue is account-specific, organization-wide, or service-related.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.