An Azure backup service that provides built-in management at scale.
Windows Server 2022 and SQL Server 2022 are supported for MABS V4, so the versions you've listed are valid for the MABS installation. I recommend running supported MABS operating systems with the latest updates.
Since setup consistently reaches Deploy reports and ReportingServicesWMI.log records GenerateDatabaseCreationScript() immediately before the failure, the evidence points to the reporting deployment stage, but that log entry alone isn't enough to identify the underlying cause.
Don't manually recreate the reporting databases or modify SSRS configuration yet.
Could you provide the relevant section of ReportingServicesWMI.log around GenerateDatabaseCreationScript() and the corresponding exception from the captured SetupDpm.exe dump/event log?
Also confirm whether this is the original MABS V4 RTM installation media or a later MABS V4 build/update. I recommend using the latest MABS version and MARS agent when troubleshooting MABS issues.
I cannot find verified Microsoft documentation that maps CurrentDomain_UnhandledException ID 4387 + GenerateDatabaseCreationScript() to a specific MABS V4 installation fix, so I don't recommend changing SQL/SSRS permissions or configuration without the underlying exception.
References:
Help make this community better for everyone: If this answer helped or resolved your issue, please accept it or upvote it. If not, share more details in a comment so we can continue the discussion and find the right solution. Thank you.