Quota increase approved but Azure AI Foundry still shows insufficient quota (Azure for Students subscription)

Camila Navarro 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T16:34:45.53+00:00

Hello,

I am using Azure AI Foundry with an Azure for Students subscription.

Recently, I encountered the following error:

"model-router isn't available due to insufficient quota. Choose a different model or deployment option for model-router. You can also request more quota."

To resolve the issue, I submitted a quota increase request and later received an email indicating that the request had been approved. However, several hours have passed since receiving the approval, and I am still unable to access or deploy the models I need.

My current situation is:

  • Subscription type: Azure for Students
  • Quota increase request was approved via email.
  • Several hours have passed since the approval.
  • I continue to see quota-related limitations in Azure AI Foundry.
  • I cannot find the Quota or Model Deployments sections that many tutorials and documentation references mention.
  • Because of this, I cannot verify whether the quota increase was actually applied to my subscription.

I would appreciate clarification on the following:

  1. Are there any limitations specific to Azure for Students subscriptions that affect access to Azure AI Foundry models or deployments?
  2. How long does it normally take for an approved quota increase to become active?
  3. How can I verify that the quota increase was successfully applied?
  4. Is it possible that the quota increase was approved but not applied correctly?
  5. Why might the Quota and Model Deployments options not be visible in Azure AI Foundry?
  6. If the quota increase has not taken effect after several hours, what would be the recommended next step?

I would appreciate any guidance, as I am trying to understand whether this is a quota propagation delay, an Azure for Students restriction, or a configuration issue.

Thank you.

Foundry Models
Foundry Models

A catalog of AI models in Microsoft Foundry that you can discover, compare, and deploy using Azure’s built‑in tools for evaluation, fine‑tuning, and inference


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.