Operator Connect in Australia

Peter Ternouth 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T03:51:44.59+00:00

Hi Team,

I have a small but growing business. I want to deploy teams calling for my business, which i can connect to Microsoft Dynamics. I am trying to use MS Teams Operator Connect, and can see the list of Partner Service Providers. None of these service providers seem to want to engage with me as my business is currently too small.

I can’t be the first business to deal with this issue. Is there an Operator Connect service which is focussed on SMEs?

Peter

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kien 1,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-22T04:14:05.6266667+00:00

    Dear Peter Ternouth,

    To ensure I understand your request correctly and to support you as effectively as possible, I need more specific information from you:

    • Which Partner Service Providers have you engaged?

    For a small business, I suggest starting with these options:

    • Aussie Broadband Aussie Broadband Operator Connect offers a per-user, per-month service with Australian number portability, new numbers, calling-plan options, auto attendants, and call queues. Its published service appears suitable for businesses that want a locally supported and scalable deployment, although you should confirm its current minimum-seat requirement directly.
    • Access4 through an Australian Microsoft partner or managed service provider Access4 Operator Connect specifically describes flexible PAYG and included-call licensing, including small licence models for small and medium businesses. Access4 is channel-focused, so you would normally purchase the service through one of its partners rather than directly from Access4.

    You can also use the official Microsoft Operator Directory and filter for Calling and Australia. The directory lists certified operators, but it does not guarantee that every operator accepts very small deployments. Operator Directory

    If Operator Connect providers still will not engage, consider Microsoft Teams Calling Plans. This is generally the simplest PSTN option because Microsoft acts as the carrier and no Session Border Controller is required. Availability, Australian telephone-number types, porting, and licensing should be checked against the current country availability page.

    Here are some references:

    I hope the information shared helps point you in the right direction.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.