Managing presence indicators such as Available, Busy, or Away to reflect user availability
Hi Shay,
Thank you for sharing this detailed enhancement request, and I agree that this is indeed a valuable improvement. I understand the value of having a dedicated "Paused for Health (Short Walk/Movement)" presence status in Microsoft Teams, especially for communicating a brief wellness break without suggesting that the user is unavailable for an extended period.
Currently, Teams provides predefined presence options such as Available, Busy, Do not disturb, Be right back, Appear away, and Appear offline, and custom presence categories cannot presently be added by individual users or administrators.
Therefore, I strongly recommend submitting your feedback through the official channel: Teams · Community. Since the product development team does not actively monitor this forum, this is the most effective way to ensure your voice reaches them and that this feature will be considered for future improvements.
Once you have submitted your feedback, please feel free to share the link in the comments of this post. I would be happy to upvote it to help increase its visibility.
Additionally, as other users have raised similar concerns and may not be aware of where to share their feedback, I hope this response helps clarify the situation. Highlighting this information can make it more visible to others in the community who may be facing the same issue, making it easier for them to find guidance and contribute their feedback as well.
Thank you again for your time and for raising this important usability concern.