Text-based conversations between users with searchable history in Microsoft Teams Free
Is there no live agent at all?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I would like to copy my Teams chats with a scammer called Ross Nilsson. His name is there but I cannot find the chat conversations. I need these as an evidence
Text-based conversations between users with searchable history in Microsoft Teams Free
Is there no live agent at all?
Type the name of this person in the "Search" textbox and select this user from the list of suggested users. Do you see a message saying, "Show hidden chat history"?
No I do not see it
Perhaps, you have deleted this conversation. When a conversation is deleted, all chats within this conversation are deleted, but only for you. The chats remain visible for the other party.
Just to make sure that there is no technical issue on the installed Teams app, check if the chat is also missing in Teams for Web application.
When using Teams with a personal account (aka. Teams Free), the entire chat history is saved only on the Cloud. You can export your entire chat history from the Cloud and check if the conversation is available there.
https://teams.live.com/dataexport
However, if this conversation is neither available in the app nor on the Web, then it is not likely that it will be available in the export file. When a conversation is deleted, it is also permanently deleted from the Cloud too.