I was accepted into the startup program, and I cannot claim my credits. Can you help me with who to contact so I can start claiming my credits?

Frederik Bjørnbak 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T09:40:23.23+00:00

I was accepted into the startup program, and I cannot claim my credits. Can you help me with who to contact so I can start claiming my credits?

Azure Advisor
Azure Advisor

An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Taz 10,126 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-28T16:53:30.6633333+00:00

    Hi Frederik,

    For an accepted Microsoft for Startups account, Azure credits must first be activated/redeemed before they can be used. Microsoft states that credits must be activated within 90 days of accepting the program agreement.

    For startups using the current Azure Portal experience, go to:

    Azure Portal → Microsoft for Startups → Benefits / Azure credits → Activate Azure

    Complete the Azure signup using the same personal Microsoft account (MSA) used for the Startup application. Microsoft notes that work/school Entra accounts are not supported for this activation flow.

    After successful activation, the sponsorship can take several hours to appear in Azure under Cost Management + Billing → Payment methods.

    If the Activate Azure / Redeem option is missing or the activation fails, this is specifically covered by Microsoft for Startups Program Support. The documented support entry is Microsoft for Startups → Overview → Your Microsoft Team → Get program support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.