Power Options not available

Frank Nigro 0 Reputation points
2026-09-11T19:41:55.25+00:00

When I click the Microsoft icon at the bottom of my screen and then click the "Power" button, the message "There are no power options available at this time" is displayed. Previously, a menu of options would be displayed: Shutdown, Restart, etc. This is a recent occurrence. I've had Best But techs look at it, and they cannot fix it. How can I restore the "Power Options" that used to be displayed?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Communities
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,915 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-12T15:49:20.4233333+00:00

    Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I just wanted to check if you’re still experiencing the issue after following the steps above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,915 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-11T20:22:42.7233333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    Kindly follow the steps provided by the AI answer. If the issue persists, I recommend resetting the power options by following the steps below:

    Method 1. Restore default power options

     Press the Windows key + R, then type:

    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

     Restart the PC and check.

     

    Method 2. Run power, Troubleshooter

    Press the Windows key + R, then type:

    msdt.exe /id PowerDiagnostic

    Click OK, then follow the prompts to run the power troubleshooter.

    Restart the device afterward.

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.