My Beats pro earbuds connect to audio output but not input, how do I fix this?

Grace Alexander 20 Reputation points
2026-02-07T15:09:01.1766667+00:00

I can get my beats pro earbuds to connect to my windows 11 computer for audio output, but when I try to use the microphone, nothing happens. How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Huy-K 13,990 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-02-09T02:25:06.7033333+00:00

Dear @Grace Alexander,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may encounter when using our services/ products. Based on your description, kindly try these following steps:

Force Windows to use the “Hands‑Free / AG Audio” mic

  • Go to Settings > System > Sound
  • Under Input, choose your Beats entry that includes “Hands‑Free AG Audio” (wording varies by model).

Toggle the Hands‑Free service

  • Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices > More devices and printers settings > right‑click your Beats device > Properties > Services
  • Uncheck the Hands‑Free option (often Handsfree Telephony) > Apply > then re-check it > OK

Make sure Windows (and your app) is allowed to use the microphone

Even if the device is correct, Windows privacy can block mic access.

  • Go to Settings > Privacy & security > Microphone
  • Turn on Let apps access your microphone

Clean reconnect and driver basics

  • Remove and re‑pair the Beats device in Bluetooth & devices, then reconnect

I sincerely hope you understand that the initial steps I suggested may not have completely fixed the issue, as there may still be underlying causes that have not yet been identified. I am here to work closely with you, troubleshoot effectively, and explore every possible solution to ensure the best possible outcome.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.